Monday, July 19, 2010

Shipping preparations

The car's been raised up today in preparation for shipping. The additional 2.5cms all around should help it go on and off a boat ramp quite easily. Ryo from SEEKER did a swift job adjusting the suspension in a 35degree heat of japanese summer and teaching me how to undo it once the car arrives in Perth.

The guys also rolled the fenders in front to accomodate those A050s recently purchased. I must say I am going to miss watching those guys work on my car as it's always been very educational for an amature mechanic like myself.

Other than that, I splashed out on something I'd been thinking about for quite sometime, a SPOON baffled oil pan ! Unfortunately due to time constraints, it won't be fitted until this coming friday but better done in Japan than Perth !

In other news, I took it upon myself to disconnect and remove all electronics however that didn't go without a headache. After disconnecting my HKS lap timer I started getting a Check Engine Light warning and the error was that of a faulty Vehicle Speed Sensor in the transmission. It turns out that disconnecting HKS lap timer without closing the loop on the circuit cuts off the signal from the VSS sensor. Anyway this is not a big deal and i'll ship the car with the CEL on and reset it once it arrives in Perth.

So, probably one (maybe 2) more posts on this japanese blog (I think that would make it 100 in total !) before the car is shipped next week !

3 comments:

  1. All the best for your move back to Australia. Been folowing your blog for few months and really good guides for dc5R mods.
    thanks and will follow your new Austarlian blog soon..
    DC5R still the best FF car around..
    cheers
    starling takip (starlingtakip@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to keep up with your next blog in Perth.

    ReplyDelete