Sunday, April 18, 2010

Level Max700 by Project Mu

Project Mu develop and sell a wide range of brake pads for different applications starting from BASIC STREET OEM replacement pads all the way through COMPETITION level pads.

Having used HC+ (in the STREET SPORTS category) on many occassions and circuits I recently purchased the next level pad LEVEL MAX700 (in the CIRCUIT SPORTS category).

The pads arrived yesterday and I used today's sunny day to install them all by myself.



Why did I decide to go for these pads ? My earlier post(s) explain this but in a nutshell I needed more control over the recently upgraded front rotors.

For those of you mechanically inclined, here is a tip : When you replace your own pads, put some heat-resistant grease on the back of the plate right around the area where your pistons touch the pad. This will a) prevent squeeling and b) improve the durability of your pistons' contact area under high temperature conditions (we're talking 300-900C here). I use this grease made by a local Japanese company WAKO.

My next event is at Suzuka Circuit on April 29th !

No comments:

Post a Comment