Monday, September 7, 2009

Time for new pads !

In a pre-emptive move I ordered today a set of front/rear brake pads.
This time I've decided to try ENDLESS MX72 (part #MX72400312)



My current Project Mu HC+ have served me well but we're nearing the last few milimeters on them and I am sure after this Thursday there will be nothing left.

MX72 are carbon metalic just like HC+ but their operating temperature is 50-600C which is slightly different to HC+ whose operating temperature is 0-800C. From the ENDLESS website it appears like I can expect less noise and less brake dust whilst an equally comparable performance should remain.

Again, for the best deals I bought them through www.kakaku.com and saved 25%

Keep checking the blog for updates once they're fitted and I get to try them out at , which I hope will be at least once this month !

5 comments:

  1. Keep up with the updates man. I just found your blog randomly a few days back and have been enjoying your progress. What is your job in Japan deal with anyway? I was just curious =).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying these posts!
    I work in IT

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what the KTS guys all told me.

    HC+ are good at one application and don't take a second bite very well.
    If you over heat them they won't recover well either.
    But at the time HC+ were much cheaper for me. some 25% cheaper than Endless.

    But new Endless are much more recommended and handle both situations better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be getting those Endless pads for the Impreza soon.. ready for my first ever track day in November.. hope they are good.. let me know how you go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to clarify for all of you out there ... My own experience of HC+ is very good. There was never any fading nor overheating and the only 2 annoyances were dust and brake noise.
    One thing which was apparent was rotor wear unfortunately but that's to be expected with such semi-metalic pads. You can't really get good braking without any sacrifices :)

    ReplyDelete