Sunday, September 6, 2009

Update on that broken FEEL's muffler [FINAL UPDATE]

Last saturday a friend of mine Ken and I went back to FEEL's in Yokohama where I'd had the exhaust originally fitted.

Ken using his perfect japanese complained strongly about the quality of the work and our desire to have the muffler replaced asap at no cost to myself. I also brought along some high-resolution photos showing the damage as well as a 2 minute video showing what the current state of the exhaust was just to make sure they didn't try to get out of anything (damage is a lot worse than originally thought)





After 2 and half hours in the shop we finally came to an agreement. They would pick up my car, tow it back to their shop and take a look underneath on sunday. If the state of the muffler is due to their poor workmanship, they will replace it free of charge and won't charge me for the tow (which happens to be a ridicolous 30,000yen !!). If it turns out it was my fault (I wonder how they can try to arrive at that conclusion) I need to cover all costs. Just to be on a safe side I took detailed photos of the muffler to make sure there is no damage anywhere so they can't blame it on me later on.

At 10pm FEEL's tow truck arrived and they took the DC5 away.
Now the waiting begins ...



Update #2:
FEEL's have admitted there was a problem with the muffler! *sigh*
They ordered a brand new exhaust which will arrive this Thursday and will be fitted on Friday all FREE of charge !! If all goes well, I could get my car back this saturday !

Final Update
On Friday evening straight after work Ken and I drove to FEEL's to pick up the car. The manager told us the part which had been fitted in my car originally was faulty and they were very sorry and apologetic for the inconvenience that caused me. They fitted a brand new part with an additional support (just in case we have a repeat), bowed about 10 times (in Japan it's a sign of respect and in this case deep apology), detailed my car and obviously did all that at no cost to me !

I wanted to write a bad review about them which I knew would deter others from doing business but their conduct on friday and the fact that they covered all costs and admitted their fault (and the fact that it was a genuine apology), I am actually not going to write any review anymore.

I do have some advice though !
For those thinking of choosing a tuner, do your research, speak to people whose cars were worked on by a tuner, get some advice and listen to opinions. I heard some negative opinions and chosed to ignore them. My mistake.

I am now fully associated with SEEKER and it's been good so far !

4 comments:

  1. Nasty when expensive/well known tuners make mistakes.. just hope they get it fixed!
    I may be doing my first track day in November.. little bit worried as I may be on snow tyres by then!
    Will probably get a brake upgrade next year but for now just going to get some new pads..
    Project Mu HC+ or Endless MX 72.. any advice.. Both seem to be around 30k yen online for a set.
    Can I drive without a harness/helmet?
    My friend has a Lancer Evo which is pretty track ready.. afraid I may get left behind :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Project Mu pads are great but damage to the rotor is high also. Keep that in mind.
    I'll be trying Endless MX72 next so i'll let you know how they feel.

    You shouldn't drive with a helmet if you can help it ! It's all about safety remember !

    Harness or not is a personal choice. I simply didn't feel "tight" enough wearing the stock seatbelt so opted for a harness. Difference to me was worth the money !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You shouldn't drive WITHOUT a helmet rather ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!
    Mufflers

    ReplyDelete