Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mugen Challenge, a new toy and Ebisu 6hr Super Taikyu

Mugen Challenge Nov 2009

A week ago, Mugen (translation: "Infinity"), a very famous Honda aftermarket parts manufacturer (both locally and worldwide) held a quarterly circuit challenge at Tsukuba TC1000 course.

The day was full of all types of Hondas running in all types of events ranging from beginners' first time on the circuit to seasoned drivers in time attacks.

On the day Mugen offerred some lucky few a ride in the Mugen DC5 and Mugen FD2 driven by famous Super GT drivers such as Tetsuya Yamano (see right). Not only did they get a chance to feel the ride driven by a pro but also had an opportunity to ask for and receive advice for their own driving and cars.

My tuner Seeker had a very strong presence at the event ! Pity I couldn't participate this time around but it was fun to watch !

















More photos at www.pbase.com/roliradr/cars



New toy!



Been thinking about it for a while and finally did it.
Today I bought a 2nd hand Racelogic PerformanceBox (GPS based data logging tool). Haven't had the time to read the manual nor use it so stay tuned for my reviews in the upcoming posts

Ebisu 6hr Super Taikyu



Here we go again !!

On November 23rd I will once again drive for Team Gaijin Racing (TGR) in this month's 6 hour Super Taikyu Endurance race held at Ebisu Circuit !
The guys have improved the car significantly with a new gearbox, LSD and suspension upgrades !

Read all about it on TGR's website!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rod. I find your blog quite amusing. I'm from Malaysia and drives a DC5 too. How I wish I could be in Japan and have fun on their racetracks like you did.

    Cheers mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for the comment !
    I had a quick read of your blog, pretty interesting, needs more photos of your car though! are you building your car for power or handling?

    btw I'd be scared to practice at Sepang seeing one of your posts and the carnage .... I'm surprised this can happen! I suppose lack of experience causes this

    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rod im currently enhancing its appearance. Just got the RPF1s installed last week and my Chargespeed Kouki bodykit should be ready anytime soon. Photos will be posted when I return from my worktrip haha.

    The car handles pretty well on the street and on the track with TEIN Flex (c/w rear Swift springs) and Cusco 25mm ARB. But I still couldn't get my front right toe to be adjusted the way I want it to be so I might need to get the alignment kits soon...

    Powerwise I'm very pleased with the stock K20A motor. Just a few bolt ons like an open pod, straight flow APEXi exhaust system and pretuned E-manage Ultimate + V-manage to get the car pass 200whp mark with 20kgm torque. I have a plan to build a K24 but it all depends on my year end bonus LOL.

    Yes Sepang is pretty scary especially during the open track day. Its cheap (and rarely being organized by the management) so that is why you see many cars on the track. Lots of crashes happened too! I prefer to go for a closed session or during the night practice session. Nevertheless nothing beats the technicality of Johor Circuit down south. :)

    Its nice to get to know you. Hope we can share a thing or two about our cars. I'll link you up on my blog soon.

    Meor

    ReplyDelete
  4. heya!
    What's the spring rate on the front/rear? how many cms did you lower the car? how's the overall handling?

    I've read most of your blog and found a dc5 with CE28Ns do you happen to know the wheel size and offset on those? I'm planning to get the same but need to be sure the size is right for the current ride height

    sure link up to my blog ! more visitors the better

    I'm off to Tsukuba TC2000 next wednesday to practice time attack before December's Annual Tsukuba Challenge
    the weather is perfect for time attack

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm assuming that the front spring rate is 10 kg and the rear swift spring 14 kg(shocks came with the car when i got it, so I didnt really checked!). The height is currently at 2 fingers gap in front, 3 fingers at the back (primitive way to measure I know :-P). Overall the handling is okay but could be better. Ride can be bumpy on uneven road so I have to live with that. One thing I still couldn't understand is that whenever I tweak the front camber beyond -1.5, the toe in will be at +2 to +3. Do you have any idea how do I get this corrected?

    Although the CE28N is expensive, it is very famous among the Malaysian car enthusiasts. The one that you saw on my blog is 17 x 7.5inch with an offset of +50. My RPF1 is 17 x 7.5inch et +48. Should've bought the 17 x 8inch though..

    Anyways all the best for the TC2000! I'll be waiting for your review. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete