Sunday, August 2, 2009

"Seek and you shall find"

As I mentioned in an earlier post I went back to SEEKER to have those guys install DEFI gauges in my DC5.

The shop has a very good reputation in the Honda scene (I think I said that already)
Both Ryo and his mechanic not only provide Honda-only tunning service but also test and tune their customers' cars on race tracks around Japan as well as participate in races in their own race cars.

I was particularly surprised to see SEEKER cars and its people featured in many top magazines alongside SPOON and J's Racing which were spread out on a table in his waiting room. Sometimes I wonder...are they really competing with SPOON or are simply another layer on top of an already successful tuner?

Anyway, they did a great job with the gauges and at the same time on my request re-wired my CAC to use ACC power instead of the cigarette lighter power it was using before.

Oh and I am running a different oil now!
It's MOTUL 300V CHRONO 10w40. Recommended by Ryo (he happens to be a certified MOTUL EXPERT with a certificate from MOTUL to prove it :) )



And not to forget a new coolant, something known as ICE WATER (I haven't been able to get my hands on a producer's link although it does have a mention on SEEKER's website)

One downside to all this is ... labour cost at SEEKER is a little pricey (in my opinion) but maybe I am just out-of-touch with what these Honda tuners actually charge ?

Here are some photos from the day.

Shop front


Both Ryo (the owner) and his chief mechanic working on my car


From inside the waiting room looking into the garage


One of their race cars (a DC5 just like mine)


Here they are




2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I loving this read up. Is it possible that you have any installation instructions from your gauges? If so could you let me know at thomasking2@bigpond.com. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. what in particular would you like to know? I have the instructions but they're in Japanese so probably no use to you...
    installation is pretty straight forward

    ReplyDelete