Sunday, July 19, 2009

Visit to SEEKER and SPOON Type One

On saturday I had the pleasure of visiting SEEKER and SPOON Type One, two well known exclusive Honda tuners in the Tokyo area.

SEEKER (here is a link to their online shop) is located in Suginami-ku and is run by two ex-SPOON guys who not only tune but also regularly race an S2000, a Civic Type R FD2 as well as (and that's the most important part to me) an Integra Type R DC5.
Ryo the manager speaks good english and gives honest, relevant advice and doesn't try to sell you something you don't really need or care about.

I didn't take any photos as I spent a lot of time getting advice but since I will be going back for some work I will take photos next time.

SPOON Type One doesn't need much introduction. The photos below tell the story I hope. Their shop is located just down the street from SEEKER.

Entrance to their shop (see their racing cars' bonnets...unfortunately not for sale)


Customer's FD2 being worked on (had some parts from Mugen and J's Racing mixed in there though)


My DC5 amongst all the beasts!


SPOON engine + customers' engines waiting a SPOON tune.
Their work is meticolous, they pay such attention to detail! We could watch them work on an engine block for a while and take some pictures.


Yours truly (the guy on my left is working in an enclosed room on engine tuning)


More customers' cars on their 2nd floor


NSX Type-R


Their Type-R DC5 race car


This should make my friend Mikey happy ! A CRX! Also belonging to a client.


Customers' S2000s being worked on. One of them had a gearbox recondition job done on it. Each car tuned by Honda is stamped with a metal plate in the engine bay giving it "Tuned to its premium by SPOON" wording with a serial number !


If you have any questions about either one of these two tuners or Honda TwinCam (FEEL's) which I visited last year feel free to send me an email.

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Love the CLEAN CRX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, nice pictures.
    That's no NSX Type though, its a dressed up NSX.
    Type R was never exported so were not produced in left hand drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spoon so exclusive...but they transparent to show what they do... nice pic bro... I am big fan of Spoon..JApan people Mostly very detail in their job and focus..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wanna buy a engine for my civic 2001 that fits ,vtec from rsx type s were can i get a good deal ..or its a good idea

    ReplyDelete