Saturday, March 7, 2009

HKS CAC has been installed !

On Friday 6th I finally received the much awaited HKS Circuit Attack Counter.



This morning I had it installed by the Super Autobacs crew however for enabling the SLD (Speed Limit Defenser) functionality they charged me an extra 4,000yen :( I was trying to save some money by buying the unit online and having it fitted by Autobacs but in the end I think my total saving was no more than 1,000 yen. Oh well!

Putting that aside, they have done an excellent job ! They secured the cable connecting the CAC to the car's ECU with 3M dash clip-ons in such a way that you can hardly complain about any cables getting in the way. As far as the magnetic sensor is concerned they ran the cable under the driver's seat and if whenever I go out to a track and I want to use it all I need to do is put the sensor out through the side step, secure it to the side step with some tape and off I go!



I've been having some difficulty getting through the manual though as it's in japanese and i haven't been able to find an english version of it. Some settings especially the P-P is still a mystery. I am told it's a setting for a particular type of magnetic strip available on a racetrack ...

I took some photos this morning near a shipyard dock in front of Tokyo bay. Enjoy !





ADVAN Neova AD08s




This coming Tuesday I'm off to Fuji Speedway with Tom and some guys from SDIJ as long as the weather holds up (it's been raining here the last 5 days)

Look out for the Fuji report in my next post together with some first ever lap times !!

No comments:

Post a Comment