Monday, February 16, 2009

Fuji International Speedway (FSW) Feb 16th 2009

It wasn't long before I was ready to go out to Fuji again.

This time I wanted to concentrate on my braking and cornering techniques and really give my Yokohama ADVAN A046 a workout.

I ran 2 sessions in the morning.

The tyres weren't too bad from about 2nd lap until 5-6th after which I felt I was gradually losing grip (especially under braking from the main straight). I attributed that to the rubber getting over heated and losing it's gripping properties.

Air pressures were as follows:
Front
Cold 230kPa
Warm (after 1 hour of driving) 240kPa
After practice 270kPa

Rear
Cold 220kPa
Warm 230kPa
After practice 265kPa

As far as brakes were concerned, they could have done a lot better.

Video from the event is shown below.

No comments:

Post a Comment